June 30, 2015

My Soon-to-be Life

Now that everything's winding down, I've had way more free time than I'd prefer. Since yesterday, I went a straight 40 hours without sleep so naturally, I passed out for a good 12 hours. Still have a fever and my body is aching, so I'm in bed writing this blog post.
On Saturday, the other Philippines finalists and I received our host families! We were all stoked considering the fact that we've been waiting for this info since we got our finalist emails.

The city that I will be living in for the next year is Dumaguete City, Philippines. It is the biggest city of the Negros Oriental Island located in the central part of the Visayas. I feel so blessed to have been placed here because I specifically mentioned I wanted to be in a beach city so I could continue my surfing and Dumaguete City is exactly that!














My host family seems AWESOME. I emailed my host sister and we talked on Facebook - I have a host father, host mother, older host sister, and younger host brother. I'm really excited to meet them and spend my year with them!



As for my host school - I will be attending Silliman University High School. One of the YES Abroad finalists last year, Kennedy Quigg, got placed in this exact city and went to the exact school that I will be attending, so it's very comforting to hear about her envious experiences.





No comments:

Post a Comment